Guidelines for the submission process
Please read the instructions carefully.
- You must use the abstract text template. Click here to download the template.
- The abstract text must not exceed 250 words, do not include the title and authors.
- Grant references must be included in the sections “Grants” in the abstract text template.
- A maximum of 50 authors with 3 institutions per author is allowed. However, the size of the author block must not exceed 3,000 characters.
- Tables may be included.
- No graphics are allowed.
- Remember that you may be presenting author of only one paper, but co-author of any number of abstracts.
- Download a sample abstract with instructions
Before you get started…
Download the mandatory abstract text template and type your abstract in it. Please save a copy of the file with the abstract text only (no title or authors). This file can then be used for the file upload part of the submission process. The upload feature supports and converts tables within the document. Special characters are widely supported.
When entering the submission portal…
You will need an account to be able to submit your abstract. In the home page of the portal you will have 2 options:
- In case you participated in the ESHG 2021 conference, you can use the same email and password that you used to access the virtual conference platform. In case you cannot retrieve your access data, please use the “request password” option.
ATTENTION: The login for the abstract submission is not your ESHG member login.
- If you did not participate in the ESHG 2021 virtual conference, you will have to create a new user account by clicking on “Create account”. Fill in all required fields and save your personal information by clicking “Create Account” in the online form.
How to start the abstract submission…
Once you have logged into the submission portal, you will see the abstract submission button labelled “Abstract Submission”. Click on the button to start with your abstract submission.
When clicking the “Abstract Submission” button you will have 2 options:
- Submit an abstract: This option allows you to start with the submission of a completely new abstract. Follow step by step the instructions for submission.
- View my abstracts: This option will allow you to complete, review or edit your abstracts. Please note that you will be able to edit your abstract until the submission deadline.
At the end of the process, you will see a summary of your submission in the last step (“Summary“), in which you may print an overview of your abstract. Once you are satisfied with your submitted data you have to click on the “submit” button on this step to complete your submission. After clicking on the “submit” button, you will receive a submission confirmation email. Your abstract should now show as complete in the submission module.