Based on the current COVID-19 measures in Austria and Vienna, participants will need to pay attention to the following when attending the in-person conference:
COVID-19 measure at the in-person ESHG 2022 Conference
- In line with the requirement by the city of Vienna and Austrian government no proof of vaccination, recovering or negative test will need to be presented to participate in the conference.
- Masks are not mandatory*. Nonetheless, we encourage those who wish to wear them, based on personal risk profile and preferences, to do so. For this the ESHG will include 2 FFP2 masks per participant in the conference bags.
- No measures need to be followed. However, we recommend to always:
- Keep a safety distance from other participants
- Make use of the hand sanitizing stations provided throughout the conference venue
- If you have any symptoms similar to a COVID-19 infection, please stay at your place of accommodation, and only assist the in-person meeting once you have tested negative. Remember all sessions will be live streamed on the virtual conference platform. Therefore, you will be able to follow the conference virtually. Click here to find more information about what to do in case of a suspected or positive infection.
*COVID-19 measures in Vienna
Please note that there are prevention measures that participants will need to follow in the city of Vienna:
- *FFP2 masks are mandatory on public transportation
What to do in case I am COVID-19 positive or suspect to be positive
For information on what are the measures in place should you suspect or be COVID-19 positive, visit the following page: https://coronavirus.wien.gv.at/faq-english/
COVID-19 testing option in Vienna
On the following website you can find a comprehensive list of all testing options available in the city of Vienna: https://www.wien.info/en/travel-info/corona-information/testing-options-vienna-guests-388220 in case you require a test for your trip home.
COVID-19 entry regulations for Austria
- As of May 16 the so-called “3-G” rule (vaccinated/recovered or tested) is being lifted for arrivals from all countries. Participants will not need to present any COVID-19 documentation upon arrival.
COVID-19 prevention measures can change at any time, therefore, we recommend that you continuously monitor this page prior to your trip to the conference.
By registering to the ESHG 2022 Conference participants agree to comply with all the national regulations and those stipulated by the ESHG Conference Organiser. Please visit the official websites below for updated requirements by the European, Austrian and Viennese authorities:
Participants are encouraged to purchase insurance that will cover in case of any issues related to the COVID-19 pandemic. By registering to the ESHG 2022, delegates agree that neither the organising committee nor the conference organisers assume any liability whatsoever.
To avoid the spread of COVID-19 and to guarantee a safe conference for our participants and industry partners, the congress organisers will strictly follow the rules stated at the time as issued by the Austrian authorities. In addition, the congress organiser has the right to implement even stricter regulations.
For the duration of the conference, any legal regulations in force at the time of the event shall apply. A month prior to the conference, the relevant regulations will be published without delay on the conference website in accordance with the governmental decrees. With your registration and participation in the conference, you engage to comply with the applicable regulations.
Please note, that regulations can change at short notice so please be sure to visit our website frequently. Please be aware that travel regulations may differ from country to country. Inform yourself about travel restrictions on the official websites of the embassy or consulate in your country.
By registering to the ESHG 2022 Conference the participants agree to comply with all the national regulations and those stipulated by the ESHG Conference Organiser. Please visit the official websites below for updated requirements by the European, Austrian and Viennese authorities:
This information will constantly be updated based on the most up-to-date measures.