- Follow ESHG on Twitter (@eshgsociety) and use the meeting hashtag to follow the latest updates and join in the conversation about the conference.
- Follow ESHG on Facebook at facebook.com/eshg.org.
- You may blog or tweet about content of the talks, unless the speaker explicitly asks you not to share either the entire talk or specific details or slides.
- Communicate in a respectful and considerate way, and show your criticism in a fair, constructive and professional manner.
- Do remember that people who will read your postings or tweets are not necessarily genetic professionals, but also patients, policymakers, members of the media, and the general public.
- Taking Pictures in oral and e-Poster sessions at the ESHG conferences is allowed, unless indicated differently by the author on one or all of their slides or their e-Poster. Hence posting pictures or videos of presentations (in parts or as a whole) carrying a “no picture” symbol on any social media platform, blogs, or websites, etc., is strictly prohibited.
- Do not capture or redistribute data presented at conferences as this may jeopardise the subsequent publication of the data in a scientific journal. Powerpoint presentations marked with a “no picture” symbol must not be photographed under any circumstances. Do respect journal embargo policies and the work of your colleagues!
- Refrain from engaging in personal attacks or showing rude behaviour.
- Offensive and disrespectful behaviour, sales-oriented, self-promoting, or otherwise inappropriate comments will not be tolerated.
- Participants should not post copyrighted or trademarked material or material protected by other intellectual property rights.
The views and opinions posted on ESHG’s social media do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or policies of the ESHG, its Board or membership. The ESHG reserves the right to remove comments it deems to be inappropriate.